Friday, October 9, 2015

Meet Bridget from Sugar B's Cakes & Pastries

Good & Perfect Gifts in Eldon not only features the best gifts, home decor, fashions, and jewelry, but we also have the best bakery at the Lake of the Ozarks tucked away inside our gift shop.  Sugar B's Cakes & Pastries, owned by Bridget Thompson, bakes up tasty, ready-to-eat creations Wednesday-Saturday right here.  She also takes special orders.  



Bridget recently answered a few questions so that you could all get to know this incredible baker a little bit better.  

How long have you been baking?

I just started with Jera at Good & Perfect Gifts 6 months ago.  I worked at the Sugar Loft in Osage Beach for 3 years before that, and I was also the pastry chef at On the Rise Bakery in Osage Beach for a year.  

Did you receive any kind of formal training?

I was trained by Le Cordon Bleu's bakery & pastry program.  I baked cakes on my own for people while my sons were young, then I was hired at the Sugar Loft.    

How long have you lived in the area?

20 years ago I moved to Eldon.  I'm originally form Portland, Oregon.  After getting divorced, I moved here to live near my sister, whose husband was stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood at the time.  

What types of treats can people expect from Sugar B's?

We have all kinds of desserts and baked goods ready for purchase inside Good & Perfect Gifts.  A few popular items are the muffins, Mississippi Mud Pie, Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, Brownies, and the Cake Truffles.  We also have coffee, tea, and soft drinks available to go along with them, and several tables and chairs if you'd like to eat right here.  It's a joy working inside of Good & Perfect gifts.  There is so much opportunity for new possibilities.  Eventually I would like to serve lunch. 



What do you like to do in your free time?

I'm a big Cardinals fan and love going to the games.  

Are there any types of food that you hate?

Squash, and any kind of melon.  My grandmother used to force us to eat them as kids.

What's on your bucket list?
I would love to visit Greece.  

Do you have any funny stories related to baking?
When I worked at the Sugar Loft, a guy came in to pick up a wedding cake.  He had planned to transport it in the open back of his pickup truck all the way from Osage Beach to Casa de Loco Winery past Camdenton!  That was NOT going to happen.  We made him let us deliver it.  


You can see a lot more of Bridget's culinary creations on the Sugar B's Facebook page.  Don't forget to put your orders in now for all of the Thanksgiving and Christmas treats that you would like for her to bake up for you.  Stop by our Lake of the Ozarks gift shop soon and see what she's got cooking for the day.   




A popular destination gift shop near the
Lake of the Ozarks

1603 Business Hwy 54,
Eldon, Missouri 65026
573-392-7900



Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Google+


1 comment: